Wednesday 27 September 2017

Mompreneur

Since I've been back in Canada I've applied to like over 100 jobs. I got one awesome part time one in FSJ but we moved so I had to quit 😡 Such is life. The struggle to find work continues in this big city. I've applied to a variety of jobs ranging from the city to the dollar store. Nada. I'm a mover and a shaker so I created my own job. They don't want me. Screw em. I want me. I'm the best employee I ever had! Organized, efficient, motivated and just damn well on fire. I'm so blessed to have found me. My dream job is to be my own boss. Why? So I can be free to work around my kids and family needs. That makes me sound more saint like than I actually am, believe me!

I'm doing a couple things that interconnect. I am a stylist with Silver Icing an online boutique that is Canadian. I seriously love the clothes and the company. Those of you who know me, wouldn't have put me in the fashionista category. Secret: I've always loved fashion. I've just kept the love buried as fashion industry doesn't show the love to curvy girls. Well step aside stuck up fashion snobs. Now I have a great selection of cute chic comfy quality clothes that are affordable and fit my curves (which I'm forever trying to trim down...that's a whole other post). For the first time, I look good and feel good. That's huge! My dearest friends know me to be rather low in self image. But hey guys, that's changing. Clothes don't make a person, true. But they sure do make one feel put together with head held high. Bonus, I get fashion perks and commission from any sales. Sales have been slow to pick up but businesses take time to build up clientele. I was discouraged to the point that on Saturday, I decided to end the pursuit of this job op. But, I got a blessing (for something totally unrelated) and Heavenly Father said don't give up the passion for this clothing, business will pick up and will get there. To help with that and to diversify my business plans, enter venture number 2...

I'm organizing pop up shops and vendor markets. I was lying in bed one night after frustratingly having had searched markets and pop up shops in this city. Then I was given inspiration: create your own market. So. I did. I looked high and low for a venue. Blessed with an affordable one right across the street. Over 20 vendors have registered and are booked to show. First one will be November 25th. I'm doing all kinds of promotions/advertising. Classic print ads and signage, modern social media events and out of the box ideas. I'm going to build up the name and have a few during the year. Watch out for my market Ladies Day Out Pop Up Shop and Market. I want to do some things to make this event different from other craft markets. There will be swag bags for the first group of shoppers. There will be light refreshments. There will be a Discovery toys playzone. There will be door prizes. There will be gift wrapping. Entrance is free and plenty of parking. This is also a great opportunity for me to promote my clothing. And enter venture number 3...

Feng shui. I received certificates in feng shui and a few other complimentary therapies in South Africa. I will be promoting my consultation side of my business to build that up too.

My 3 ways to diversify and build my own business. Any time you support me and make a purchase or book a consult, my mompreneur heart does a massive happy dance! This is not a get rich quick route, but a hard work in projects that I love and hope to make a financial contribution so my family can have an above average life. Before you run to walmart or old navy OR before you log on to zulily or amazon and make the billionaire man richer, check out my little boutique and help support the local stay at home mom. Pretty please. I support you and will support you in the future 😃

Signing out with a few pics of some of my fav SI clothing that is slowly overtaking my wardrobe.


I love the trendspotting cardi. It's like a circle with sleeves and drapes beautifully. It is versatile too. Wear with leggings or with a dress. The leggings are amazing. They have 8 way stretch and never go sheer. They smoothed me out too, they don't claim to do that but they did. And this Christie sweatshirt has the perfect hem to cover your bummy bum (as my 3 year old says) and it is so soft that when my mom touched the material her eyes bugged out and said she needs this (she is NOT one to shop so this is a big compliment/review).



Gemma tunic is bamboo and gets softer with each wash. I've had it for a year and it gets better with age. Galaxy crops for a lively legging. 


Miranda plaid is such a staple piece. It is also so soft and has perfect stretch, it passes the steering wheel test. Love it! Goes great with the Sparrow tank which is modal (beech trees) and it too gets better with age. Key pieces are so affordable. Under $40!


Strike a pose top which too is made from modal and my summer vibes aviators. I love those dang sunflowers.


my bamboo top again and aviators






No comments:

Post a Comment